These Reservation Conditions represent part of the terms and conditions of any contract between the property owners (herein after defined as ‘Owners’), the guests named and the person signing the booking form. By signing the booking form you accept that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this contract. Please read these carefully, they exist for your protection as well as ours.
1. Booking periods are as shown on the Prices and availability page (normally Saturday to Saturday). Arrival after 3 p.m, departure before 10 a.m.
2. A 25% deposit is required (100% if within 6 weeks of the start of your holiday) with all bookings before confirmation of your booking can be given. If you have to cancel, your deposit will be forfeited unless we are able to let the accommodation again.
3. A damage deposit of £500 will be payable with the final payment. The damage deposit will be returned, normally within 4 days of your departure from the house, after the property has been checked. Any breakages, losses or damage and extra costs or charges will be deducted from the security deposit. Should the damage deposit be insufficient to meet such costs or liabilities any additional amount is payable by the person signing the booking form.
4. The balance of the final invoice (the remaining 75% of the rent and the £500 refundable damage deposit) is payable in full 6 weeks before your arrival date.
5. Unless specified to the contrary, prices include gas, electricity, heating, water, the use of the property and contents, its swimming pool and grounds. Linen (duvets, sheets, pillows, towels, tea towels etc) are also included.
6. Hi speed Wi-Fi is available free of charge for guests’ personal use.
7. Guests are asked to leave the property as clean and tidy as possible on departure in order to ensure the continued comfort and high level of service to our next guests. Please remove all rubbish to the local dustbins. Where the property is left excessively dirty, requiring anything more than normal cleaning, a deduction will be made from the damage deposit.
8. “Espentals” is a no smoking house. In consideration of the next guests, please only smoke outside.
9. No responsibility will be accepted by the owners for claims resulting from children or guests of any age in or near the property, swimming pools, lakes or rivers or elsewhere.
10. No compensation will be paid where anything occurs beyond the control of the owners (anything unusual, unforeseeable or beyond our control – the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with the exercise of all due care and attention). You are strongly advised to arrange holiday and health insurance and to bring a valid DHSS health form (available from your Post Office in UK) with you.
11. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied, please contact us as soon as possible, thereby – allowing the complaint to be dealt with at the earliest opportunity. Guests are fully responsible for any damage and/or losses to the owners’ property and belongings and undertake to inform the owners immediately of any such damage, which will be charged to the person signing the booking form, or deducted from the damage deposit.
12. Under no circumstances may guests touch or interfere with any swimming pool equipment or materials or other similar equipment. We reserve the right to take any relevant action, including immediate termination of the tenancy, if any property including the swimming pool and its grounds are abused or misused. Damage to the swimming pool as a result of the fault or abuse (willful, negligent or otherwise) of the guests will be fully charged to guests up to the cost of replacement and any consequences thereof.
13. We reserve the right, without refund, to terminate any booking if the names or numbers of guests staying differ from those declared on the booking form. No assignment, subletting or changes to the details on the booking form are allowed without express approval and consent of the owners. Parking caravans at the property is not permitted.
14. Please note that if you later wish to change your booking dates, or the names or numbers of any guests, a new Booking Form must be completed and acknowledged before the new booking is valid.
15. Cancelations. Any payments received can only be refunded if Espentals can be let out to alternative guests for the period of your booking. Guests are strongly advised to take out travel / holiday insurance to cover such eventualities.
We wish you an enjoyable and peaceful stay in our home. We rely on guests to treat the house and its contents with the respect and care they would afford their own property.